ConsoleHQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get the latest updates on all your favorite consoles

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to tell your Xbox360 DVD Drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down
rambo1234

How to tell your Xbox360 DVD Drive Vide
PostSubject: How to tell your Xbox360 DVD Drive How to tell your Xbox360 DVD Drive I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:58 pm

[How to tell your Xbox360 DVD Drive
You MUST Know Your 360's Drive in Order to Hack it

1. Power Up Your Xbox360
2. Eject Your Xbox360 DVD Drive
3. Look at the bottom picture, and compare it to your Xbox360 Drive
How to tell your Xbox360 DVD Drive 2340uc

Here's Another Picture
How to tell your Xbox360 DVD Drive Toshiba-Samsung_next_to_HL-Hitachi_xbox360_dvd_drive_s300

Note, That The BenQ Drive Cannot Be Flashed with any Modded Firmware. There is NO way you can hack the xbox360 with this drive.

Now, If you have A Samsung or Hitachi Drive, then you must know the specific version of your Drive. To do this, open up your Xbox360, and look at the sticker on the ODD(DVD Drive). There should be a line that says Rom Ver:XXXXX

As you can see, This drive says 0046DH, Otherwise known as a v46 Hitachi Drive!

How to tell your Xbox360 DVD Drive Romver

Side Note: Version 0079FK Drives Can be flashed, but they require you to open up the 360 Drive, Remove the epoxy using a Razor and a Heatgun, Desolder the SST Chip, Program the drive using a Programmer, and then resolder the SST Chip. This difficulty level in my opinion is a 9 out of 10, so it is not recommended for the Novice User or Hacker !

BTW this was a short Guide because i was bored, but i believe it will be VERY useful!
Back to top Go down

How to tell your Xbox360 DVD Drive

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ConsoleHQ :: Gaming :: Sony PSP :: Consoles :: Xbox 360 -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com